SECRETARY GENERAL’S ANNUAL REPORT- 2019
- The Executive Committee of the Old Boys' Society met five times in the year on, 13th Jan,24th Feb,9th June,11th Aug and 3rd Nov.
- The major decisions taken were as follows:
- To co-opt representatives from all Chapters of the OBS, namely North, Delhi, Punjab, East,North East, Jaipur, Gujrat, Mumbai, Pune and Bangalore. To make the OBS inclusive and reconnect the alumni with the school.
- Started a formal bi-annual cricket exchange between the old boys of Mayo College and the alumni of the following schools in Australia Wesley College, Scotch College and MCC in Melbourne. A trophy called the Thakur RR Singh and Bruce R Gregory trophy has been very kindly donated for this exchange by the Australians. The OBS sponsored the kit of the Old Boys cricket team going to Wesley College, Australia.
- To shift the OBS office in Alwar House after its renovation.
- To have an orientation of the senior Students, who would join the OBS after 12th class and formally invite them into the old boys fraternity.
- To partially sponsor the cost of Golf coaching at Mayo by Mr Amandeep Johal , the National Coach of India. The batch of 1992 has pledged approx Rs 2,80,000/-, to help with the purchase of golf equipment. This will go a long way in helping us put Mayo on the golfing map of India. Mr Sangram Singh batch of 1973 and karan Bhalla batch of 1976 donated golf sets to the school for the use of the students.
- To fund the the bariatric surgery of Shri Ashok , helper in the Junior Mess. A payment of Rs.3,03,000/- was made by the OBS. Three Old Boys came forward to help, namely Siddharth Agarwal 2005 batch, Bharat Bhushan Agarwal 1989 batch and Dr Vikrant Solanki 1995 batch.
- Mr Kirit Javali batch of 1988 was entrusted with the responsibility to liaise with the Old Boys settled abroad. He has established contact with the Old Boys' chapters in Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore, UK and the USA.
- Mr Prithvi Singh Kanota 1990 batch was entrusted with the responsibility of getting the Mayo Coffee Table Book published. The matter was discussed in the BoG and their decision in this regard is awaited. The two persons shortlisted are Vijay Jodha and Tarun Chopra.
- To accept the donation of 5 feet tall fruit trees from Mr Sunil Shah 1975 batch and Mr Vikramaditya Singh Masuda 1984 batch. They were planted in the Temple area and the Srinagar land.
- To host the ACB, Annual Cricket Bash , between Mayo, Scindia and Doon on the 13th to 15th December 2019. The responsibility for the ACB now been taken over by the OBS from MAAD. Mr Shivarjun Singh Mandawa 1998 batch was entrusted with the responsibility of coordinating the event.
- To organise a camp in following games courtesy Kirit Javali:
* Hockey by Mr Sandeep Singh, the drag flick expert
* Swimming by Mr Rehan Poncha, who would do a talent hunt and select the top 10 swimmers.
- To organise the Old Boys Vs Present Boys matches during the MARS event in September - October. This was a success and we will follow this format in the years to come.
- To organise the Deja Vu event at Mayo from 23rd to 26th Dec 2019.
* Mr Vikramaditya Singh 1992 batch would provide live music, spa, beautician, cooks, DJ from Delhi Lodhi Hotel.
* Mr Karan Rathore would arrange to train the Staff and Matrons of the boarding houses in housekeeping skills.
* Mr Prithvi Singh Kanota 1990 batch, offered to sponsor one dinner of the event.
- Kirit Javali has drafted the rules for the use of trademarks. It will be put up to the BoG for their approval.
- It was felt that we need to do more for the welfare of our retired staff, who have given the best years of their lives to the school. As also help the families and the children of the staff working with us. The President has reached out to Mr Viney Singh, batch of 1975 CEO Fabindia. He has given some valuable inputs and we are in the process of setting up something for them. We request more old boys to come forward and help with this project.
DR. C P SINGH RATHORE
- Monday-Friday: 10am to 5pm
- Saturday: 11am to 2pm
- Sunday: Closed